Personal Information We May Collect
"Personal Information" is information that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable person, including, for example:
- Postal address(es)
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Credit and debit card number and related information
- Social media account ID
- Passport number
- Number assigned by a transportation agency, such as a Transportation Security Administration known traveler number
- Any other information you provide when you communicate or book travel with us (e.g., your dietary and other preferences or needs), as well as information about your bookings (e.g., points of departure and destinations)
How We May Collect Personal Information
We and our service providers may collect Personal Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through the Services: We may collect Personal Information through the Services, such as when you make a booking or register for a promotion.
- Offline: We may collect Personal Information from you offline, such as when you contact customer service.
- From Other Sources: We may receive your Personal Information from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, social media platforms (including from people with whom you are friends or otherwise connected), and other third parties, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
How We May Use Personal Information
We may use Personal Information:
- To complete and fulfill your booking or purchase, which includes processing your payment, communicate with you regarding your booking or purchase, and provide you with related customer service. We use passport information for the purpose of travel bookings.
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as to send you newsletters.
- To send administrative information to you, such as information regarding the Services and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- To send you marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you, to the extent permitted by law.
- To personalize your experience on the Services by presenting products and offers tailored to you.
- To allow you to participate in sweepstakes, contests, and similar promotions and to administer these activities. Some of these activities have additional rules, which may contain additional information about how we use and disclose your Personal Information. We suggest that you read any such rules carefully, as you will be bound by them if you choose to participate.
- To facilitate social sharing functionality.
- To allow you to send messages to another person through the Services. By using this functionality, you are telling us that you are entitled to provide us with your friend's name and email address.
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, developing new products, enhancing, improving, or modifying our Services, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, and operating and expanding our business activities.
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your state or country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process and to prevent, detect, or suppress abuse, fraud, or criminal activity; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities and self-regulatory organizations, including public and government authorities and self-regulatory organizations outside your state or country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations, assets, or interests or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
How Personal Information May Be Disclosed
- To our third party travel-related suppliers, such as airlines, hotels, and car rental companies, so that they may provide the products and services that you book or purchase using the Services.
- To other travel-related companies with whom we partner to provide a portion of the Services, such as airline consolidators or aggregators, other travel agencies providing access to their travel-related inventory via the Services, and travel insurance providers.
- To our third party service providers who provide services such as website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, auditing, and other services. The information we provide to third parties service providers is subject to confidentiality obligations and is intended to be used solely for the purpose(s) permitted thereby.
- To third-party sponsors or operators of surveys, sweepstakes, contests, and similar promotions.
- To identify you to anyone to whom you send messages through the Services. You may also choose to disclose your Personal Information on message boards, chat, profile pages, blogs, and other services to which you are able to post information and materials. Please note that any information you post or disclose through these services will become public and may be available to other users and the general public. We urge you to be very careful when deciding to disclose any information on the Services.
- To a third party, in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your state or country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process and to prevent, detect, or suppress abuse, fraud, or criminal activity; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities and self-regulatory organizations, including public and government authorities and self-regulatory organizations outside your state or country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e)Â to protect our operations, assets, or interests or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
Other Information We May Collect
Other Information may, for example, be:
- Browser and device information
- App usage data
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags, and other technologies
- Demographic information and other information provided by you
- Aggregated information
How We May Collect Other Information
We and our third party service providers may collect Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through your browser or device: Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version, and the name and version of the Services (such as the App) you are using. We use this information to ensure that the Services function properly.
- Through your use of the App: When you download and use the App, we and our service providers may track and collect App usage data, such as the date and time the App on your device accesses our servers, and what information and files have been downloaded to the App based on your device number.
- Using pixel tags and other similar technologies: Pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) may be used in connection with some Services to, among other things, track the actions of users of the Services (including email recipients), measure the success of our marketing campaigns, and compile statistics about usage of the Services and response rates.
- Using Adobe Flash technology (including Flash Local Shared Objects ("Flash LSOs")) and other similar technologies: We may use Flash LSOs and other technologies to, among other things, collect and store information about your use of the Services. If you do not want Flash LSOs stored on your computer, you can adjust the settings of your Flash player to block Flash LSO storage using the tools contained in the Website Storage Settings Panel. You can also control Flash LSOs by going to the Global Storage Settings Paneland following the instructions (which may include instructions that explain, for example, how to delete existing Flash LSOs (referred to as "information" on the Macromedia site), how to prevent Flash LSOs from being placed on your computer without your being asked, and (for Flash Player 8 and later) how to block Flash LSOs that are not being delivered by the operator of the page you are on at the time). Please note that setting the Flash Player to restrict or limit acceptance of Flash LSOs may reduce or impede the functionality of some Flash applications, including those used in connection with the Services.
- IP Address: Your IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider. An IP address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user accesses the Services, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP addresses is standard practice and is done automatically by many websites, applications and other services. We use IP addresses for purposes such as calculating usage levels, diagnosing server problems, and administering the Services. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP address.
- Physical Location: We may collect the physical location of your device by, for example, using satellite, cell phone tower, or WiFi signals. We may use your device's physical location to provide you with personalized location-based services and content. We may also share your device's physical location with our marketing partners, to enable them to provide you with geo-targeted advertising. You may be permitted to allow or deny such uses and/or sharing of your device's location, such as through your device settings. If you do, we and/or our marketing partners may not be able to provide you with the applicable personalized services and content.
- From you: Information such as your preferred means of communication and special travel requests (for example, in connection with a disability or dietary restriction) is collected when you voluntarily provide it.
- By aggregating information: Aggregated Personal Information does not personally identify you or any other user of the Services (for example, we may aggregate Personal Information to calculate the percentage of our users who have a particular telephone area code).
How We May Use and Disclose Other Information
We may use and disclose Other Information for any purpose (except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law), if it doesn't qualify as Personal Information under applicable law. In some instances, we may combine Other Information with Personal Information (such as combining your name with your location). If we do, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information as long as it is combined.
Third Party Services
In addition, we are not responsible for the information collection, use, disclosure, or security policies or practices of other organizations, such as Facebook, Apple, Google, Microsoft, or any other app developer, app provider, social media platform provider, operating system provider, wireless service provider, or device manufacturer, including with respect to any Personal Information you disclose to other organizations through or in connection with the Apps.
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical, and administrative measures to protect Personal Information within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be budget fares to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of your account has been compromised), please immediately notify us in accordance with the "Contacting Us" section below.
Choices And Access
Your choices regarding our use of your Personal Information
You may opt out from receiving marketing-related emails from us on a going-forward basis by following the instructions contained in each such email or by contacting us in accordance with the "Contacting Us" section below. You may opt out of receiving push notifications from us through your device settings.
We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt out of receiving marketing-related emails from us, we may still send you important administrative messages, from which you cannot opt out.
How you can access, change or suppress your Personal Information
If you would like to review, correct, update, suppress, or delete Personal Information that you have previously provided to us, you may contact us in accordance with the "Contacting Us" section below. In your request, please make clear what Personal Information you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have your Personal Information suppressed from our database, or otherwise let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of your Personal Information. For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the Personal Information associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting a change or deletion. There may also be residual information that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed.
Use Of The Services By Minors
The Services are not directed to individuals under the age of eighteen (18), and we request that they not provide Personal Information through the Services.
We ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive Personal Information (e.g., Social Security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, criminal background, or trade union membership) on or through the Services or otherwise to us.
c/o Fare Depot, LLC
3100 Clarendon Blvd, Suite 200
Arlington, VA 22201
Attn: Customer Service/Privacy